Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday, October 26, 2008










It's the end of October but today the weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm, the day after a torrential rain storm. I spent the early morning shooting an engagement portrait for Rachael and Mike. Lots of fun, great couple that's getting married next year. Mike's family owns Story's Farm on Rt. 32 in Catskill. If you're looking for farm fresh produce, that's the only place to go. I picked up some incredible mushrooms and some fresh picked brussel sprouts.








On the way home, I went looking for some landscapes. I ventured down Mossy Hill road and found the creek that feeds High Falls. Unfortunately, I was above the falls, not knowing how to get below them. The water was screaming down due to all the rain we had yesterday. Pretty dramatic scene. I met Bob Ricketson. I can always tell another photographer when their first question is about the equipment. Bob immediately recognized I was shooting with Canon equipment by the red ring around my L lens. Bob is very talented photographer specializing in nature and landscape photography. Please do yourself a favor and visit his website: http://www.bobricketsonphoto.com/ to check out his work.








So here are a few photos of Rachael and Mike, Mossy Hill Road and one of the mushrooms I got from the farm stand.

No comments: