Monday, September 01, 2008

Afternoon with Stettner






The entire summer has gone by and I almost didn't get a chance to spend any time with my friend and mentor, Louis Stettner, http://www.loustettner.com/ . Lucky for me, we were both free this past Saturday afternoon, so I spent some time with him at his home and studio. Louis had spent the previous week working on his photography, so we spent a few hours processing many rolls of black and white film. Since I've started shooting digitally, I haven't been in a conventional darkroom in years. It was fun to get back in there and get wet again. Louis has his own methods for processing film that were new to me and an honor to learn.


Louis is also an accomplished painter and sculptor. We spent some time in his painting studio discussing his recent work and some up coming shows. It is always a pleasurable learning experience when ever I share time with my friend. His work, thoughts and visions are enlightening and inspiring. Thank you Louis.
Louis will have three shows in the coming year. One in Bordeaux, France; one at the Athens Cultural Center, Athens, NY and one at the Bonni Benrubi Gallery, NYC, NY Dec 11, 2008 to Feb 1, 2009 http://www.bonnibenrubi.com.

No comments: